Friday, February 4, 2011

Introducing Nikki Clark!!

My name is Nicole Clark, but I go by Nikki. I am 20 years old and a third year at San Marcos. I am from Laguna Beach, CA and lived in the same house until I was 18. I went to school with the same people since I was in Kindergarten so when it was time to go to college I was definitely ready! I loved growing up in such a beautiful town with great weather and hope to get a teaching job at the elementary school I attended. I recently studied abroad in Denmark for six months and realized that I belong in the sunshine. Although it was a great experience I could never live in the snow again. I’ve always been interested in sports both watching and playing. Growing up I played soccer and ran hurdles in High School. I broke my high school record in the 300 m hurdles. My family and I love the Los Angeles Lakers! We love to get together with our friends to watch the games. We are hoping for a Three-peat this year!! My passion for kids began at a young age around 13 years old when I started babysitting. Ever since then I always knew I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. Even though it may take me several years to finish college with a teaching credential I know it will all be worth it in the end.

I am not good with technology at all, but hope to learn a lot in this class so I cannot only help myself but also my family! I have a friend that is very good with technology so whenever I need help or have any problems I just go to him...problem solved! Instead of having to frequently ask for help I figure that it's finally time to learn about technology. The only thing that I kind of know how to use is my iphone and MacBook computer, but that's about it. 

This is actually my first time reading the mission statement of the CSUSM/COE, but it wouldn't have discouraged me from applying to San Marcos. I have heard nothing but positive comments about the teaching program at CSUSM. After reading the mission statement I completely agree with it and will definitely use this along the way to becoming a teacher. I especially like the part that states, " to collaboratively transform public education". I believe it's all about teamwork and together we will all become great educators.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! I too believe that with teamwork we can transform our public education. :) juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki. I would love to visit Denmark!!

    ReplyDelete